Cookies - Crispies
Pear and Walnut Salad
A Chicken Recipe for
World's Best Pickles
Ice Cream Cookie Pizza
The Perfect Paella
The warm aroma of fresh banana bread gives everyone the warm feeling of home or the familiarity of the holidays. Here we will outline five basic variations on a basic banana bread recipe to let you make your own delicious and unique treat that lets you take advantage of your favorite stand-alone mixer! We will start with the most basic homemade recipe:
1. Old Fashioned Banana Bread
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium banana)
¼ cup milk
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1. Begin by Pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees and grease your favorite pan. This recipe will make one loaf or six to eight muffins.
2. Add butter and sugar to the bowl of your mixer. Blend these ingredients on low until they are combined and increase speed to achieve a fluffy texture.
3. Crack and add eggs to the mixture one at a time. Then add bananas and blend on low until the ingredients are combined.
4. Add the remaining milk and vanilla to the mixture and combine. Add flour to the bowl. Mix on medium speed until the mixture is thick and creamy. Check the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure all the ingredients have combined.
5. Pour mixture into greased pan and smooth the surface with your spatula. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the loaf clean. Once baking is done, allow to cool for ten to fifteen minutes and remove from pan. Allow the loaf to continue to cool for an additional ten minutes (the hardest part!) Then slice and enjoy!
2. Grandma's Banana Bread Recipe
In this recipe you use the same ingredients listed above minus the salt. To substitute for this ingredient you add the following:
1 tablespoon sour cream
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
1. Using your stand-alone mixer, mix the ingredients. Allow to stand for ten minutes. Place in greased pan and bake in pre-heated oven.
3. Crisco Banana Bread
Use the ingredients in your basic banana bread recipe and add these additional ingredients:
1 cup of coarsely chopped or broken walnuts
4 tablespoons of buttermilk, yogurt, or sour cream (instead of milk)
½ cup of butter flavored Crisco (instead of butter or margarine)
1. Combine ingredients using mixer in the same manner as described above. However, mixture will not be smooth (leave lumpy). Place into greased pan and then bake in pre-heated oven. Allow to cool. Serve, enjoy!
4. Bourbon Banana Nut Bread
Use ingredients listed in traditional banana nut bread recipe. Add additional ingredients:
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
Bourbon (to taste, recommended three to four ounces)
One additional banana to the one cup of mashed bananas
1. Combine ingredients as listed previously, adding brown sugar and bourbon last! Pour mixture into greased pan and then bake in a pre-heated oven for over one hour. Allow pan to cool completely before attempting to remove loaf.
5. Baked Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread
Combine ingredients listed in traditional recipe. Add these additional ingredients:
¾ cup of oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
8 ounces of crushed pineapple
Prepare using the same method (oven, time, cooling) as listed above. The pineapple makes the bread extra moist!